Take a Virtual Tour of Historic Westville

Colonel John West, concerned about the loss of traditional crafts and skills began, in 1928, to collect historic buildings and bring them together at his home place in Jonesboro, Georgia. It was there that he created the "Fair of 1850", a display of historic buildings and period craft demonstrations. Following his death in 1961, his collection was purchased and moved to Lumpkin, Georgia on 59 acres of land just south of town. What began with a core of six buildings has grown into over 30 on 83 acres of land. The newly created village was named Westville in honor of Col. John Word West.

We invite you to take a virtual tour of Historic Westville!

Click on a house to find out more information about the buildings of
Historic Westville!

Links will open in another window

The Singer Gates The Damascus Methodist Church The Randle Store - Our Gift Shop The Grimes House The MacDonald House and Gardens The Stewart County Academy & Masonic Lodge The West Cabin The Pottery Shed, Kiln & Pug Mill The Moye House The Cabinet Shop Johann Singer's Boot Shop The Singer House The Chattahoochee County Courthouse The Adams Store The Lawson House The Print Shop The Blacksmith Shop & Carriage Shed The Kiser House Restaurant The Yellow Creek Tabernacle & Camp Meeting Area Dr. Paullin's Office Dabney and McDaniel Log Houses The Bryan House & Slave Cabin The Rawson House The Cotton Gin & Press Westville's Offices The Climax Presbyterian Church The Harris Farmhouse The Wells House

Historic Westville, Inc. P.O. Box 1850, 9294 Singer Pond Rd., Lumpkin, GA 31815 888-733-1850 info@westville.org